December 16, 2013

Pizza Cupcakes



Did somebody say pizza cupcakes?? 

Yea I did! 


I’m into my third and final week of this practicum. My placement was actually switched during the first week, so I ended up being in a grade 5 class instead of a grade 2 class. Everything is lovely, and I am truly enjoying this placement! 

While on practicum, I don’t have a lot of time for… umm… anything. So I spent a few days prior to the start of this practicum filling my freezer with pre-made meals that I just need to pop in the toaster oven. I can handle that much meal prep… most days. 

These pizza cupcakes were one of the meals I made during that cooking marathon. I like them for lunches while I’m at the school. This recipe was modified from the recipe I found here. 

Ingredients: 


  • 1 roll of Pillsbury pizza dough 
  • Pizza sauce 
  • Shredded cheese (I used about 250g of Mozzarella)
  • Pepperonis (or whatever toppings you would like) 

Directions: 

Preheat your oven to whatever the Pillsbury package calls for… It might be 450°, but I don’t remember. 

I used a regular cupcake tin, so I was able to get 8 pizza cupcakes out of one package of dough. If you use muffin tins you will get a lesser quantity of larger pizza cupcakes. If you use a mini cupcake tin, kudos to you on your patience and fine motor skills. 

Anyways, you’re going to want to roll out the pizza crust and cut it into the appropriate amount of pieces for how many cupcakes you are making (again, a regular cupcake tin made 8 cupcake pizzas). Roll a piece of dough into a ball, then press it into the cupcake tin, like this: 


Apply sauce. 


Apply cheese, then toppings (like pepperoni), then more cheese. How good would these things be with crispy bacon?! 


Bake your pizza cupcakes for 10-15 minutes. If you use muffin tins, you’ll probably need to bake them longer for them to cook fully. If you use mini cupcake tins, again, kudos, but you will not need to cook them for as long because they’ll cook up quick. 

Anyways, they are seriously good. Eat them while they’re warm. I let the cupcakes cool in the tins, then puts the tins in the freezer. Once the cupcakes were mostly frozen, I popped them out of the tins and into a gallon sized freezer bag. To reheat, I let them thaw and put 2 pizza cupcakes in the microwave for about 2 minutes. 

Now that’s a lunch you’re coworkers will notice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment