June 15, 2014

That's an Expensive Piece of Paper!



Look at what I did this week! 


That’s right, I have officially graduated with my Bachelor of Education, and can now become an Ontario Certified Teacher. 


It was a good ceremony. The Faculty of Education had a convocation just for Education students, so there were only about 300 graduates there. It was also nice to have a convocation of our own because all of the speeches were very relevant, and I actually knew most of the professors up on the stage. 
 
Lining up to cross the stage
 
Being conferred by the Chancellor
It’s been a long journey to get this far. Let’s have a quick flash back, shall we? 


In 2007 I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: 


Look at that young, hopeful girl. All of her dreams ahead of her. What an adorably naive way to look at the world. Compare that to 2011 when I graduated with my Diploma in Early Childhood Education: 


So much confidence and certainty. This time, things were going to work out. And you know what? Things did work out pretty well, so that was a smart girl in that picture. And that brings us to 2014: 


There’s a girl who has won the fight and is claiming her prize, yelling out to the world “It’s mine, Bitches!” Ya, did I mention that teacher’s college is really freaking draining, and very marathon-like? The process of earning that piece of paper was exhausting and has changed my life forever. 

Some of those changes were very worthwhile, including meeting this lovely lady: 


That pretty lady got me though teacher’s college, and is now a life-long friend. We’re running a 5K run together in August. That should be fun! 

And that new piece of paper has a shiny new frame: 


Which, of course, completes the wall trifecta: 


Now to find a job in teaching…. Yet another adventure awaits!

1 comment:

  1. Getting a job in teaching is the hardest part. Now you will have to work harder then any point in time earning all of those pieces of paper. :)

    ReplyDelete