April 18, 2014

Deliciously Sweet Meatloaf



Happy Easter everyone! 

I am rounding the bend of my last practicum, and only four more working days away from successfully completing my program!!! (more exclamation!!!!!) 

For this practicum, I was placed in a kindergarten (JK/SK) room. It has been the most fun I’ve had since moving to this big ol’ city. I LOVE KINDERGARTEN! I have been collecting a few fun things I did in the classroom with these tiny geniuses, and I will share them with you, but first: 


Meatloaf 

Yummy meatloaf. Moist (*cringe* I don’t like that word to describe food) meatloaf. Excellent meatloaf. 

This recipe was found on Quick and Easy Dinner, and it goes a little something like this: 

Ingredients: 


  • 2 lbs ground beef 
  • 1 Tbs onion powder 
  • 1 small can of tomato sauce (about 1 cup) 
  • 1 ½ cups of oatmeal 
  • ½ cup of water 
  • 2 eggs 
  • Sweet BBQ sauce for topping 

Directions: 

Mix everything except for the BBQ sauce in a bowl. Get your hands nice and messy! Be careful not to over mix, because that’s one reason that meatloaf becomes dry. Lightly press the mix into loaf pans (I used two 4x8 pans). Again, if you press the mix in too hard, and lose all the air bubbles, that’s another thing that makes the meatloaf turn out dry. 


Top the mix with your deliciously sweet BBQ sauce (I used my homemade BBQ sauce you can read about here). 


Now, you have two options: bake or freeze. I used two smaller loaf pans so I could do the best of both worlds. To freeze, simply wrap the top of the loaf pan tightly with tin foil, label with a sharpie, and pop it in the freezer. To bake, preheat your oven to 350°, and bake for about an hour. Or, if you’re baking the whole batch in a 9x13 pan, bake for about an hour and a half. 


Let the meatloaf sit for about 10 minutes after you take it out of the oven, to allow the juices to absorb to all the right places. Then slice, serve, and devour the awesomeness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment