April 28, 2014

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf



Hey all! 

I sure have been a busy bee this week! 

I successfully finished my last practicum, which makes me a Bachelor of Education Graduand (someone who is about to graduate but has not yet). 

I also finished up my last shift at work, and successfully trained my replacement before my departure. Oh, wait, no… I’ve been suckered into one last shift this week because I am a workaholic. 

And I have been frantically running around my apartment packing for my impending move to Even Smaller, Small Town Ontario. Today I removed all of my artwork from the walls, which makes my home a sad, dreary place indeed. 

But I have been enjoying eating all of my frozen foods so that I have less perishables to transport. One such food is this: 


My chicken parmesan meatloaf. 

You may recall last week me sharing my Sweet BBQ Meatloaf recipe with you (found here). I must admit, beef meatloaf is good, but chicken parmesan meatloaf is where it’s at. 

This recipe has been adapted from Joelen's blog 

Ingredients: 


  • 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey if you’re so inclined) 
  • 1 egg 
  • ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs 
  • ½ cup parmesan cheese 
  • 1 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1 Tbs onion powder 
  • ½ tsp thyme 
  • ½ cup pasta sauce 
  • ½ cup grated cheese (I chose mozzarella) 

Directions: 

In a bowl, combine everything except for the pasta sauce and grated cheese. As I mentioned with my Sweet BBQ Meatloaf, only mix these ingredients until blended. Over-mixing causes dry, tough meatloaf, and no one wants that to happen. 


Gently press the mix into a greased loaf pan. Top with pasta sauce: 


Then with the grated cheese: 


To bake right away, heat your oven to 350° and bake for about 45 minutes. 

To freeze, leave off the pasta sauce and grated cheese, wrap well with aluminum foil and freeze. When you’re ready to cook, defrost the meatloaf fully, top with the pasta sauce and grated cheese, and bake as indicated above. 

Enjoy this delicious parmesan goodness over pasta. Or, if you’re lazy like me, with whatever side you already have prepared and waiting for you, like seasoned potatoes. Either way, it’s awesomely good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment