August 13, 2013

Shepherd's Pie



If you follow my blog, you may have figured out by now that I’m a meat-and-potatoes gal. I don’t throw many spices, flavours, or wild vegetables into the mix very often. And what is one of my favourite meat-and-potatoes dishes to make? Why, shepherd’s pie, of course! 


This recipe is loosely based on a recipe that I found online years ago... Hold on to your hats people, this one is quick! 


Ingredients: 



  • 1Lb ground beef 
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup 
  • 1 cup frozen corn (or any frozen veggie, I suppose) 
  • Mashed potatoes (I used 3 large baking potatoes) 
  • 1 tsp onion powder 
  • ½ tsp garlic powder 
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper


Directions: 

In a frying pan, brown your ground beef. Drain, and add the cream of chicken, corn, and spices. Mix well. 


Spread this mixture into a baking dish, or into individual baking cups if you’re like me. The cups should be about half full if you’re going that rout. I got 8 cups out of one batch. 


Spread your mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture, being careful not to mix the two. 


At this point, you can cover it with tin foil and freeze it for a later time. If you used a large baking dish, thaw it before baking. If you used cups, there’s no need to thaw first. 

Bake at 350⁰F for 30 minutes, and serve warm. 

Easy-peasy and delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment