August 25, 2013

Quick update for my loyal readers



Today I needed to go to the grocery store for some milk. I put on my shoes, grabbed my purse, and went out the back door of my building. Instantly, I was met by a huge, dense plume of smoke, and the smell of burning timber. A historical building was fully engulfed in flames a mere block away from my home! I dropped all plans of grocery shopping, and joined the gawking townspeople on the sidewalk. 


At that time, the building had been burning steady for a few hours. Fire crews had come from all the neighbouring towns. They were pumping water from the river, because they had already used up too much water from the town towers. 


It made for an interesting afternoon. The building has been extinguished now, but it is beyond salvaging. It will be demolished. 


*Anyways* 

 Some of you who actually read my posts regularly may notice some missing post days in the near future. It is crunch time for my move to The City for teacher’s college, and I’m finding myself extremely under-prepared. For the next 2 weeks I will try to post when I can, but I make no promises. By the second week of September, I should be back on schedule. 

My apologies for the inconsistency, but I’m sure you can understand. Moving is hard work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment