September 06, 2013

I'm Back



Well, that was a long, and very busy 2 weeks. But I am happy to say that I have moved to The City, finished orientation at university, and start classes on Monday! Everything looks to be lining up perfectly… except for employment… which is probably because I haven’t had time to pass out resumes yet. That’s happening tomorrow. 

I had a pretty small moving team: For the in-town move of half of my possessions to storage, I had my dad and two of my brothers, and for the long-haul move, I was accompanied by my dad and one brother. It all worked out though. My new apartment is on the ground floor, so that makes it much easier to move things in. 

When we left Small-Town, this is what came with us: 


The truck was way too big for what I had, but on the most popular moving weekend of the entire year, it was all that was available. 


Martin was not thrilled with the move 


I drugged him (with the advice of my vet) because car trips are not his forte, and we had a 4.5 hour drive ahead of us.  He was dopy, which was funny, but the effects wore off before we reached The City, so we had some howling near the end. 

Of course, once things were moved in, and things were slightly unpacked, he made himself right at home 


And now he’s mostly back to himself. 


I was happy once I got my living room set up 


And once I had a tech in to install my internet. I don’t know how people ever learned how to navigate large cities before the internet. I only knew how to go to and from school, but now the whole city is open to me, thanks to my good friend, Google. 

This is the street I live on now. It is quiet and homey. It is within walking distance of the university, the waterfront, and downtown, but not so close to any of those things that there’s too much traffic. If I stay very quiet, I can hear train whistles from the tracks a few blocks away. I like that. 


Anyways, I am back online, mostly unpacked, and well on my way to starting my life as a “Teacher Candidate” (they are very stuffy about terminology around here… don’t you dare call me a student teacher). I will be posting regularly again, starting this coming week. Thank you for sticking out this transitional time with me, and I look forward to sharing my B.Ed experience with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment