September 09, 2013

BBQ Beef Tarts



I haven’t started cooking yet here in The City, because unpacking, job seeking, and school orientation has been taking up all of my time. I have been living off of pizza pockets, frozen lasagna, and microwave popcorn for the most part. What a healthy diet for the week! No wonder I’ve been feeling a bit sick. I have plans to start cooking again soon, but who knows, really. 

Anyways, this is a quick and easy dish I made while I was still in Small-Town. The original recipe can be found here. Paired with mashed potatoes would be great, but if you’re too lazy to make mashed potatoes, like me, you can pair these tarts with mini carrots and apple slices. 



Ingredients: 

  •  2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls 
  • 1 Lb ground beef 
  • About 1 cup BBQ sauce (check out my homemade recipe here) 

Directions: 

Brown the beef in a frying pan. Drain it and add the BBQ sauce until it’s nicely coated (I didn’t measure how much sauce I used). Set the beef aside to cool while you work with the rolls. 

Preheat your oven to what the crescent roll package says. 

Unroll the rolls (what?) and shape each roll into a bowl-like shape in each of the cups of a muffin tin. You won’t have the same number of rolls as you do muffin tin cups, but that’s alright. 


Spoon a bit of beef into each roll-bowl, so that the bowls are about ¾ full. Pop your tins into the oven, and cook according to the crescent roll package instructions. I cooked my tarts a little bit too long, so they browned more than they should have, but they were still awesome. 


I ate 3 of these tarts with carrots and apples. If I had mashed potatoes, I would probably only eat two tarts. These tarts are pretty delicious! The crescent rolls have a sweet flavour to them, and the sauce can be whatever your favourite sauce happens to be. My recipe for homemade BBQ sauce is sweet, so all in all, it was a sweet meal, but try some spicy sauce, or a tomato based sauce, and it would be totally different!


Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment