July 24, 2013

Spaghettizza



I tried out a new recipe this week that I found on Money Saving Mom I’m calling it spaghettiza, but it is essentially a spaghetti based lasagne with pizza on top. Which is awesome.

 Looks yummy! 


Ingredients: 



  • 8 oz spaghetti noodles (I used spaghettini, because that’s what I keep around the house) – 8 oz is about the same size around as if you put your thumb and first finger together and make an OK sign
  • 3 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 1 full jar of spaghetti sauce (about 625 ml)
  • 1 full 500g block of cheese, mozzarella or whatever kind you like with pizza, shredded
  • 2 handfuls of pepperoni, or your favourite pizza toppings – handful is a technical measurement... right? 
Directions: 

Cook your spaghetti the way you normally would until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until the pasta is cool. Drain well – I actually dumped the pasta out on paper towels and patted it dry.

Preheat your oven to 375°F.

In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, parmesan, and spices. Toss the pasta into the mixture to coat the pasta thoroughly.


Grease a 9”x13” oven-safe dish. I don’t have a dish that size, so I used a 13”x16” baking sheet with high walls. I lined the sheet with tin foil so I could take the finished food off of the sheet to cut it. I’ve used a pizza cutter on a baking sheet before... It’s not the best idea in the world. Also, don’t be like me; remember to grease your dish!

Ok, spread the spaghetti mixture evenly over the bottom of your dish.


Poor all of the spaghetti sauce evenly over the pasta, and top with about half of the pepperoni.


Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the dish, and top again with the remaining pepperoni. Then sprinkle on some extra parmesan cheese.


Pop your dish in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and awesome.


Let it sit for about 5 minutes before you cut into it.

This made 6 servings for me.

Apparently you can also freeze this dish pretty easily. Assemble and freeze, thaw and cook.

It was really, really, REALLY yummy and delicious and awesome. This will definitely become a regular in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment